Employers in Maryland are subject to a wide range of federal, state, and local laws. Our firm takes a pro-active approach to assisting our clients by counseling them on proper policies and procedures in order to prevent workplace problems before they arise. We work hand in hand with HR professionals to promptly respond to employment issues and quickly solve problems.
- Employment Policies and Procedures. Maryland employers are subject to numerous federal, state, and local employment laws. We assist employers by creating, reviewing, and revising policies and procedures in order to reduce risk and prevent employment issues.
- Employee Handbooks. Employee handbooks must be drafted correctly to give employees provide clear and proper notice of employer policies and employee rights. Employee handbooks may also be introduced as evidence in legal proceedings. Our firm drafts handbooks that are tailored to the nature of your company, project a polished and professional appearance, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Employment Agreements. Employment agreements must be properly written in order to be enforceable. We assist employers by non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other employment agreements in compliance with applicable law.
- Prevailing Wage Compliance. Construction employers in Maryland who work on public jobs are often subject to the requirements of the Davis-Bacon Act and the Maryland Prevailing Wage Act. We help employers make sense of the overlapping requirements of these acts in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Independent Contractor Agreements. Under Maryland’s “Workplace Fraud Prevention Act,” Construction businesses are held to a higher standard in Maryland. Employers must take proactive steps to ensure that employees and independent contractors are properly separated in order to avoid liability. We counsel employers on how to properly arrange independent contractor agreements for compliance with state and federal law.
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims. We help our clients understand and comply with employment laws related to discrimination and harassment by providing training to management and supervisors. In the event of a claim, we assist employers by conducting investigations and defending against claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies.